Friday, June 22, 2012

Pretty much still the same plus...

I can see empty basin boxes out the front of the house and I think I spotted the stone benchtop on our ensuite vanity so that looks like pretty good progress.  I can also see wall tiling in the ensuite.  They appear to  have only just started the wall tiles in the powder room.

I also think the deck might be finished.  Certainly the steps are on.  I'm so glad that everyone (PCA, SS and deckers) were happy to put the steps where we asked for them to be put in the first place.

At tender time we were told that the steps were standard and because we wanted something different they would be made of treated pine to minimise the cost and we could remove them later.  The deckers, however turned up and were going to make the big set of stairs down the back out of merbau.  Works out best for everyone that we get our little set of steps to the side.  Much less merbau being used.

I told the SS that it would be really nice to have handover for my birthday (mid July).  Not sure it will happen.  He's doing what he can but this tiler is making sure everything is perfect.  Which is wonderful, but slow. 

So some railings, some plumbing, some electrical, the painting and staining, kitchen benchtops, appliances, door handles and locks and then the main floor tiling.  I think that's it.  Not sure it can all  be done in 15 working days.

Fingers crossed.

ETA Rainwater tank and aircon - knew I forgot something.

ETA again - rainwater tank is in.

And here are some photos from today (and the staircase from much earlier)






2 comments:

  1. Yay for some progress!! especially about the deck, that is fantastic! it sounds lovely too! I think we will be on for a race to the finish, it seems our builds have been going at the same tortise pace. We are also looking at late July early August for PCI/handover. Are your painters starting soon? I LOVE your kitchen island bench!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No painters yet, but soon. The shower screens have been measured too. I think the site supervisor is overlapping things a lot more now. He wants it done before he goes on holidays on 1st of Aug. Thanks - those benches cost an awful lot but I just had to do it. LOL

      Delete